Paulla Hyatt-McIntire Partner
Estate Planning • Probate • Trust Administration
Paulla joined the Yuba City office of McDonough Holland & Allen PC in 2003. She is one of the five partners in the McDonough spin-off of Martinez Hayes Hyatt & Hill LLP. Paulla is an Estate Planning and Probate attorney; her practice is focused on representation of individuals in pre-death estate planning matters, including preparation of revocable and irrevocable trusts for married, single and same-sex partners and post-death administration of trusts and estates. She also assists clients with elder law and estate gifting issues, as well as establishing special needs trusts to protect public benefits eligibility. Prior to joining McDonough, Paulla had a solo practice focused on estate planning.
Paulla served as a Judicial Extern to Justice Connie Callahan, California Court of Appeal, Third District. In addition to Paulla's experience in law, she spent nine years as an elementary and middle school teacher for the Yuba City Unified and Franklin Elementary School Districts.
- Established a Special Needs Trust and obtained Court approval for such trust for disabled child who received a personal injury settlement. By creating and obtaining the Court's approval of the Special Needs Trust, the minor's entitlement to future public benefits remained intact.
- Obtained court approval to appointment of successor trustee to a revocable living trust where the individuals named to serve had predeceased or were unavailable to serve.
- Structured plan for parent to transfer a portion of substantial real estate to children while minimizing estate and gift taxes.
- Represented trustee in dispute with co-trustee regarding trust administration and identification of trust assets.
- Obtained Court Order that certain property was property of the trust estate of a decedent. The decedent had failed to transfer the property to the trust estate through inadvertence and the Court order avoided a probate of the will for the sole purpose of distributing that property.
- Paulla has presented to City Staff on the California Public Records Act, the Brown Act and retention of electronic communications.
- Member, State Bar of California – Trusts and Estates Section and Business Section
- Member, Yuba-Sutter County Bar Association
- Member, Foundation Board, Fremont-Rideout Health Group
Certified Specialist in Estate
Planning, Trust & Probate Law,
State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
State Bar of California, 2002
United States District Court,
Eastern District of California
All California State Courts
University of California, Davis,
School of Law J.D., 2002
Order of the Coif
Sacramento, M.B.A., 1985
California State University,
B.A., with Honors,